NOSTALGIA


NOSTALGIC


Earlier today, while I was cleaning my closet, I came across something precious, accidentally.
No, it wasn't money, or gold.
It was a photo album, with old photos that breathe like it's gonna die soon. Sounds precious, right?
Well, you cannot blame me if I get carried away  while writing this, Because I don't know about you people, but I'm kind of indulged in nostalgia right now.

childhood days nostalgia
Our childhood days.
Those memories, aren't they beautiful?
The joy and fun hidden behind every pictures can be felt.
Well, I guess everyone reading this wants to relive those moments, right?
But the irony is, when we were Young, we wanted to be old, very badly. How impatient we were to work in an office someday that we even thought of skipping school just to accelerate to adulthood and the picture of how fantastic growing old was. I had a really happy childhood—despite having less comfort and Independence, despite the wounds and bruises that literally left scars on our knees for stumbling and falling onto the ground while running and playing around.

Now we all wish we were young again because nobody told us that being an adult sucks.and hurts and… you know what’s next. Or maybe our parents and elders did say it then, but we were too stubborn of a kid to listen. I remember my mother used to tell me to stop fantasizing about growing old fast and to enjoy childhood because you could never take it back. She was right, no? But I used to smirk a lot every time she says this because all my daydreams and playtime were filled with acting like a boss in an office.
Well, it all comes together now.
The fact of the matter is that we always want what we cannot have—so crazy and so bad that it kills me to think that we really can’t take it back, that we can no longer be kids anymore who only worry about them games to play tomorrow and how to make our momma proud.
But guess what?
Even now, our elder say, to enjoy the moments because no matter how much we curse it, it's still have it's own sets of pro's and cons. Maybe, they are right. Maybe, time will come when we will miss what we are right now! 

life evolution

Past is something you no longer have,
And future is something you don't know about.
Only thing we can do to make ourselves happy is to live in the Present. You can only experience happiness by feeling it in the very moment. The happiness you experience is not dependent on tangibles and wealth, but depends on the ability to be grateful for the things you have in life.

“There are only two days in the year that nothing can be done. One is called yesterday and the other is called tomorrow, so today is the right day to love, believe, do and mostly live.” 
- Dalai Lama

9 comments: