MOTHER'S DAY - A GENUINE SMILE - THE BEST REWARD

(continuation of  MOTHER'S DAY - A DAY IN MOTHER'S SHOES)


"Chitwan? Are you up?"
"Yeah,  what time is it, bro? " He asked back, yawning.
"It's 8. Coffee? " Nikhil asked.
"Yeah, please"
Chitwan didn't realize when exactly he dozed off while completing his presentation on the laptop. 
He got up, headed to the balcony, and lighted a cigarette.
"It was a nice dream",  he chuckled himself.
He is now 24 years old, working in a company, which kept him far away from home and taught him to manage everything all alone. He is not that child anymore who needed his mom at almost everything, from morning to night.
"Bro, here you go", Nikhil came with a cup of coffee, handed it over and rushed out of the room almost at the speed he came in with.
Chitwan lighted up another cigarette and came into the room, took the laptop again and started writing on the notepad. That's the most possible thing that chitwan does when he's drowned into deep thoughts.

"How much time does it take for someone to appreciate the value of someone who has been holding us inside her womb for 9 long months, someone who has been there for us ever since we have opened our eyes, someone who has loved us unconditionally, unreasonably, irrationally, for almost as long as forever?
MOTHERS DAY- MOM HOLDING BABY'S HANDS

They say, you realise the importance of someone, only when they are not around you. And they are right!. I have never appreciated you for bringing me ten pens when I had asked for only one. I have never appreciated you for making my favourite dish on Sundays, or making me Maggi every night before my exams. Because you're my mother. You're supposed to do these things for me. Right?
No, not really!. I should have taken my time out to thank you for every bed tea, every morning, without a fail. I should have thanked you for staying up all night during my 103 fever. I should have thanked you for making me food, every day, every time when I shouted "Moooommmm, I'm hungry"  because now when you're not around, and I come home from office after almost 14 hours of work, and I've no one to say "Mooooommmm, I'm hungry", I realise the value of everything that have been served on my plate so far.
I miss you, i miss you so damn much."

MOTHERS DAY- MOM HOLDING BABY'S

His chain of thoughts broke when Nikhil called -
"Chitwan, I'm going out for an office work. Might get late"
"Please take your keys, Nikhil, this time."
"Yes, bro, bye. See you" He smiled off.
He looked up to the clock and it's 9:30 .
He went up to the kitchen to make something and unfortunately, for the third time in a row, it was again maggie for the dinner. While, having the meal, he remembered it's mother's Day in four days. And, for a fact, he didn't want to leave this chance, yet again.
As soon as, he finished and came back to the room, he started to think how to make it up for his mom this time.
After thinking vividly about everything,  but still not being able to find a single thing for his mother, he realised that his mother never asked for anything. Thus, noone knows what she likes and what she doesn't.
But he remembers, his mother used to decorate the house with orchids every now and then.
And now he knows what's next.


Four days later-

The bell rang.
"Archana Verma? Parcel for you."
She signed the paper and received it.

A bouquet of orchids, with an handwritten note.
Quite surprisingly, she opened it.

"Happy mother's day, Mom! I love you.

-Chintu"


That proud, broad smiling wrinkled faced woman finally knew that she raised a man.

13 comments: